Welcome

My name is Lisa Wagenhurst (AKA Craftye Ladye of Craftye Ladye Creations). This is my new blog for my newest creative obsession. I have become enamored of paper art as well as miniatures, I can hardly believe it myself. My newest ventures are collage, altered arts, paper theaters, paper art dolls, ATCs and anything else that has to do with altering and paper. I hope you enjoy your stay with me and thanks for coming along on this journey.

Friday, June 8, 2012

A special thank you


My sweetheart had emergency surgery in January and had to have a nurse do home visits 3 days a week for the past 4 months. As a thank you I made her this special card. I used a gothic gatefold arch template and used a cute little image of a little girl dressed as a nurse examining her dolly on the inside. Then I added a quote about nurses and how they work from their hearts. I left room for my sweetheart to sign one side and one side for me to sign. I wasn't there when he gave it to her, but he told me that she cried and said that a handmade card was better than anything else we could have thanked her with.

She is clearly in the right profession and helped us through a difficult time.





No comments:

Post a Comment